Addicted to Music | Music • TV • Drama | Junkie

September 9, 2018

20180825 MONSTA X 2018 The Connect Encore Concert in Seoul Day 1


So I just got back from Korea and from the title you can probably guess what this post is about. I was lucky enough to go to Day 1 of The Connect Encore Concert in Seoul!!!!

There was a strict No Filming Policy (though a lot of people were able to take some really HD pictures, I wonder how?!? Skills lol) which sucked cause there were so many once in a lifetime moments. However, not trying to film throughout the concert made the concert that much more enjoyable.

First off... Korean concerts vs overseas... worlds apart! Concerts in Korea hands down are way better!The special effects were on a whole other level. There was fire! But the cherry on top was having your lightstick sync up with the bluetooth system in the arena and having your lightstick change colour along with the lighting. Another thing was the HD screens.. THE HD SCREENS!! It was like the members were right there in front of you!



Now let me talk about my experience at the concert:

MERCHANDISE: The concert started at 6pm and I got to the arena at around 12pm (Got lost on the subway so I got there later). When I got there the line up was pretty long already. I lined up for 2 and a half hours till I got to the front. My back was killing me but I got most of the merchandise that I wanted (except for the mini lightstick and earrings). They gave you a form that had all the merchandise that was available and all you had to do was check off what you wanted; which was very convenient for foreign fans. I got the lightstick, towel, a Wonho and Monsta X fan picket, and a Connect bag.


THE CONCERT: So I had a reserved seating on the first floor, last row of my section. There was basically a railing behind us separating us from the pathway between the second and first floor. Let me tell you why this was the best place to sit. During Roller Coaster and Unfair Love (λ°˜μΉ™μ΄μ•Ό)...ALL THE MEMBERS INTERACTED WITH US AS THEY WALKED BY US.
During Roller Coaster, both Jooheon and Hyungwon stopped in front of us and just stood there and stared at all of us. I found a video on twitter of Hyungwon stopping in front of us but I couldn't find one of Jooheon *sad* Let me tell you though, Hyungwon... this man is a beauty up close. He never really caught my attention before but.. dam he looks THISSSS much better IRL. He destroyed my bias list that day. πŸ’š

Video of Hyungwon staring down my soul during Roller Coaster
I was sitting beside the person with the glasses ^^

During Unfair Love (λ°˜μΉ™μ΄μ•Ό), Wonho walked past my area and stopped in front of us. He then air kissed and shook the girl's hand who was sitting TWO seats from me (sooo jelly!!!). Then Wonho and Kihyun started dancing in front of us. My God (They were so petite which made them that much cuter πŸ’—).

I didn't notice from variety shows but Hyungwon is such a tease! I like his IRL personality than his variety show personality. Minhyuk is more beautiful IRL as well (actually basically everyone in MONSTA X is haha) just putting the obvious out there. Did I also mention that Kihyun showed us his abs!!!! Omg I died (again lol)! Last note, Wonho and Kihyun's smile eyes are real...ek

OVERALL: The entire concert I was just telling everyone to STAY IN YOUR LANES! lol My Korean is limited but I understood like 60 percent of what was going on. Sigh... still in cloud nine and this one in a lifetime opportunity was the best one ever. The best concert I've been to-date. I was so happy I got to see MONSTA X live and got to see them perform my all time favourite song "From Zero" live. Sigh My Love for MONSTA X grew 10000000x that day which led me to buying A TON of MONSTA X kpop stuff from Korea! (No regrets though!)

The setlist from the Concert


Here are just some photos I was able to take from the concert!

 



These were all the fan given stuff I got at the concert. Monbebe are so kind πŸ’š


 My merchandise~

The ONLY video I took during the concert... at the veryyy end when MONSTA X was leaving after the encore:

0 Comments: